Sunday, November 20, 2011

That Time of the Year

Normally I'm anywhere from one to ten years behind the gaming media in my game playing.  Case and point, I'm playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl on Steam and Mercenaries on PS2.  This habit wasn't started from necessity, but rather because I start to get a rather large retro jones around March that lasts until the end of November.  During this time I spend equal amounts of time playfully dancing through my backlog of old games and seeking out gems I missed from the past.  It's a wonderful habit, and something I've been doing for over a decade now.

However, November is almost over.  I find myself stopping to check websites and blogs when I listen to gaming podcasts to check on screenshots and system requirements on games I hear about.  Two games in particular have tunneled their way into my subconscious: Saint's Row: The Third and Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

More on these games later.

No comments:

Post a Comment